Sunday, February 26, 2012

Centrifugal Force

So, I actually have been painting in the four months since my last post, although somewhat sporadically.  And even more sporadic is the photographing of my work, so I can share it! :)  Despite the smiley face, I DESPISE photographing my work.  I can never get it just right, but I try to get close.  Here's one of my latest pieces, which will be in the show "Celebration of Creativity" at Southminster Presbyterian Church in Beaverton, OR, next weekend, March 1-5.  Check out their website for more details.
Centrifugal Force
oil on canvas, 48x24 inches

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice work Rachel. I was drawn to your blog because of this painting I've always liked paintings that are done from different perspectives. The shadows and sky are particularly eye catching to me.

Rachel Harvey said...

thank you, Kevin. I couldn't agree with you more. I love love love looking up through the trees. For me, it evokes some of my best childhood memories. Thank you for your comment!

Brenda Boylan said...

Nice point of view. Almost makes me feel vertigo! ;)

Rachel Harvey said...

Yay! I love it-- a little centrifuge feeling happening? :)