Friday, February 18, 2011

A View of the Gorge

30x48
oil on canvas

Well, here it is-- matter over mind! The truth is that every time I worked on this painting, I felt I couldn't paint-- I've never had a painting fight me so hard! Nevertheless, I prevailed and am satisfied. I'm now working on a somewhat smaller one (18x24) that is being very kind to me...

(This painting has been done for a week or so, but I've had trouble getting it photographed. It's so large that I get some glare no matter what I do. I may take it to a professional to get a better image.)

4 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

Beautiful painting, Rachel....I love the light you captured throughout!

Rachel Harvey said...

thanks, Celeste! I had a love-hate relationship with this one, but it was worth it in the end. :-)

The Pentecostal Preacher said...

I like it. I love scenery; paintings of God's handiwork!

Rachel Harvey said...

@abuelitojd-- thank you! I feel the same-- God's handiwork, and I never get tired of looking at it or painting it. I'm blessed to be inspired by the area in which I live.