Thursday, November 5, 2009

First Impression

5x7
oil on panel



This was painted with a paper towel. No joke! My son was just under a month old, and my husband volunteered to come along one overcast evening, and take care of him and our daughter while I painted. We packed up (anyone with kids knows what it takes to plan an outing with little ones), drove through the woods and over the river, and found this lovely view. My husband got set up in the back of the car with the children, while I set up my easel in preparation for painting. Then I realized I'd forgotten my brushes. I was dismayed, as was my husband. I jokingly said maybe I could finger-paint, to which he responded why not, it would be better than nothing. I plunged in and it quickly morphed into paper towel-painting, and this is the result.

contact artist

No comments: